Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrikant v. sathe (retired)     08 April 2016

Transfer of money to son as a gift

Sir,

I am an income tax payer, I want to gift some  money to my son,what is the procedure regarding that? After gifiting that money to him,shall the gifted money  be added to my income again  in that financial year or in the  next financial year?

Learning

2 Replies

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     09 April 2016

You may gift any amount to your son. It does nnot attract any gift tax in your hand or your son's hand. If your son happens to be a minor, any earning out of investment made on such a gifted money will be clubbed to your income. Howevever, if your son is a Major, income out of investment of such money will be taxed in his hand.

Search Google "Gift to relatives Income Tax India". you will get your answers.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     22 September 2016

Both father andson would come within the  meaning of specified relations as per /Gift/IT act ND HENCE  ANY ANOUNT OF  GIFT TO ONE ANOTHERIN CASH OR KIND CAN BE GIVEN AND RECEIVED WITH TOTAL EXEMPTION FROM INCOME TAX BOTH INTH EHANDS OF FATHR ANS IN TH EHANDS OF MAJOR SON. bUT IF TH ESON INVESTSTHE SAME IN SOMETHING AND GET MONETARY RETURNSOUT OFIT IT WILLBE TREATED AS HI INOMEOUT OFTHAT VENTURE  AND WILL BE  ADDEED TO HIS TOTAL INCOME  ANDTAXED AS SUCH.If  you appreciate this answer please click the thank you buttonon  this forum.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register