LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NC (Individual)     16 October 2014

Transfer of agricultural land

We live in Mumbai and my father owned agricultural land in my village. My father has passed away and now I need to transfer the land to his children's name.

I have heard this can be done by obtaining a Varas Dakhla. How can one apply for that and get it? What are the pre-requisites?

Learning

2 Replies

NARENDER RAO BASAVARAJU (ADVOCATE)     19 October 2014

I  THINK YOUR VILLAGE IS IN MAHARASHTRA ONLY..  THE WORD USED BY YOU   " VARAS DAKHLA " MAY  MEAN  A " LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE."

GENERALLY, THIS LEGAL HEIR CERTIFICATE IS ISSUED BY A THAHASILDAR  OF THE AREA, AFTER DUE VERIFICATION ABOUT THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE DECEASED PERSON. YOU HAVE TO APPROACH THAHASIL  OFFICE FOR THIS.    NAME CHANGE  MAY TAKE PLACE ON THIS CERTIFICATE BASIS.

HOWEVER , SOME AUTHORITIES MAY INSIST FOR A SUCCESSION CERTIFICATE AND THIS IS TO BE OBTAINED FROM A CIVIL COURT.

NC (Individual)     30 October 2014

Narender Sir,

Thank you for your response. Yes my village is in Maharashtra. The challenge is that the local village tahsildar says that I need to get a varas dhakla from Mumbai as I and the deceased reside in Mumbai.

I am not aware if the Mumbai Tahsildar's office would provide a varas dakhla as the land is in the village- is that possible?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register