Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

umashankar (manager)     01 February 2014

Transfer

Sir, 

I am working with bank of india at lucknow. I have completed two years. my wife is working with Vjaya bank in clerical cadre at jaipur, Rajasthan is also my native place. Sir we want to setteled at jaipur. I have applied for a transfer. but bank has refused to give me transfer. bank advised me to ask your wife to get transfer lucknow. but sir I am in officer cadre and my job is transferable. when I will complete my tenure at lucknow i will be transferred from there. but my wife cannot get frequent transfer , because she is in clerical cadre. how we will manage our life. 

sir I want to know that is there any guidelines regarding transfer, so i can get transfer at jaipur. 

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2014

Your bank must have firmed up ‘Transfer Policy for Officers” in consultation with “All India Bank of India Officers’ Federation”/or Officers union of your bank by any other name.

It should be available at the Bank’s and Unions’ website.

You may pursue it.

The Office Bearers of the Union can guide you.

The objective of the Bank’s Transfer Policy amongst many reasons is also………………………………………….. to outline the guidelines for transfers in the Bank to meet its business needs .

At the same time it should be Bank’s endeavor to align the policy to the officer’s needs……………………..and make the policy helpful to their career progression.

Thus the objective of the Transfer Policy is not to serve the personal needs of the officer.

You may go thru the policy and terms like Parent State, State, Nearest State, key clauses……………………..in the policy.

The clauses in the policy are also subject to the amendments as advised by RBI/government from time to time.

e.g;

F.No.5/5/2012-IR

Subject: Timelines for Promotions/Transfers in PSBs.

There might be a clause on Transfer due to separation from Spouse and a female officer can apply for it.

Therefore your wife can apply under such clause in her bank.

As a seasoned Bank Officer you must be able to understand ‘What can get you favor from the authority that can transfer you.’

If you know it and if the authority wants to apply the discretion then you can get the desired transfer.

This shall be the easiest route.

You may also go thru:

Supreme Court of India

Bank Of India vs Jagjit Singh Mehta on 22 November, 1991

https://indiankanoon.org/doc/337662/?type=print

No doubt the guidelines require the two spouses to be posted at one place as far as practicable, but that does not enable any spouse to claim such a posting as of right if the departmental authorities do not consider it feasible. The only thing required is that the departmental authorities should consid- er this aspect along with the exigencies of administration and enable the two spouses to live together at one station if it is possible without any detriment to the administra- tive needs and the claim of other employees.”

Attached File : 567029306 timeliness for promotion transfer.docx, 567029306 transfer due to spouse related judgement.docx downloaded: 96 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register