LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (Technical Support Engineer)     16 May 2018

Traffic challan received after 9 months

Hi On 16-May-2018 I received a traffic challan from Noida traffic police. The challan is for overs peeding offence committed 3 times between 20-May-2017 to 26-Aug-2017. The letter states that I need to submit the challan by 10-Sept-2017 otherwise noida traffic police will send this challan to CJM court Surajpur, Greater Noida. At that time I was living in Greater Noida but now I live in Chandigarh. Is there any way to submit the fine online. Moreover I received this challan after 8 months of delay. Am I responsible for any fine occurred due to delay. The matter has been shifted to CJM court I think. Who is responsible for that?

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     16 May 2018

In respect of a Traffic Challan you are asking this query.  I am amused. 

I have at least the following minimum 4 possible straight options/answers.

1. Everyone is responsible.

2. Nobody is responsible.

3. Only you are responsible.

4. Only the Traffic Police Department is responsible.

What will you do if any one or all the above answers is given to your query.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

For overspeeding obviuosly I am responsible. No doubt about it.

My grudge is why they didn't send me challan letter on time. It's already 8 month delayed and I might face some court action or extra fine because of it.

Moreover I don't live in Noida anymore. All these things has aggravated the problem.

It was an easy taks which due Noida trafiic police is now a big problem for me.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     16 May 2018

Mr. Pankaj,

We are yet to evolve.  You know delays do take place.  There cannot be an exception only in your case. Yes, all these problems could have been avoided, if only the mistake was not committed in the first place.  You are learning the hard way.  Sorry,You have no other go.  

It's a shame. One man commits mistake and other got the excuse to do the same.

By the way, I was looking for the solution here not the gyaan. How can I submit fine online or if I am living in another town was my motive.

But I guess on this one too wee need to evolve.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 May 2018

Traffic cops said Section 468 and 469 of CrPC deal with validity of e-challans. Police officials said that Section 469 puts the validity as six months, but this period starts after the police officer identifies the violator.

“All those who have not turned up to pay their long pending e-challans have to pay it sooner or later as e-challan is based on the photograph or video footage of the vehicle registration number. The cop does not have the identity of the driver,” 

Krishna   16 May 2018

Pay online

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register