Total alimony amount

My age is 40 years. My husband wants divorce from me on the ground of cruilty (which is false), But I want to stay with him. My Husband earn 50,000/- per month.

1. So how much amount I can get as alimony?

2. Will he pay this amount monthly basis or at one time?

3. Please guide me if he pay amount one time what is the calculation? for how many years it will be calculated? 

Originally posted by : Tamanna
My age is 40 years. My husband wants divorce from me on the ground of cruilty (which is false), But I want to stay with him. My Husband earn 50,000/- per month.

1. So how much amount I can get as alimony?

2. Will he pay this amount monthly basis or at one time?

3. Please guide me if he pay amount one time what is the calculation? for how many years it will be calculated? 

First you have to prove that he earns 50000/- Whether it is private job or govt job.  If private job you will have to prove each time that he has the job and he is getting that salary.  Any alimony ordered in private job cannot be forced above 1 year.

You may ask 30000/- but as you are educated woman you wont  get any alimony beyond 6 months of what ever money you ask.

You have to talk to your husband in order to know how much he can pay and whether he wants to pay 1 time or montly.

Munni cant get alimony the way she wants.  Correct advice by Shri Prassanna.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu