Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raj   09 December 2016

Time limit for issue of judgement copy

Time limit for issue of judgement copy

in high court, a CRLP disposed one week back, but no judgement received or uploaded online.
In the website the status says the case is disposed but the order copy is not updated online
1 whether any time limit for issue of judgement hard copy or how long does it take to upload online?
2 remedy to get judgement copy?
3 can i write to chief justice to direct high court judge to issue judgement copy?
please advise on further line of action

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 December 2016

Apply for: Certified copy.

(Guest)

Clear your lawyer's fees, am sure he will give you judgement copy that is with him.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 December 2016

What happened to your Advocate ?  What is his advise on further appeal ?  It takes for him to get a certified copy of judgment and the appeal period commences from date of receipt of that certified copy .  Make burry and proceeed through your advocate, instead of  posting all this in a forum, when you have engaged advocate and paid fees to him for his services.  He may also suggest you whether it is fit for appeal and he may suggest another advocate even discuss the issue with him on deficiencies in issues of law.

raj   12 December 2016

after the hearing how much time does it take to get the copy of the judgement?

in online on the same day the status was mentioned as disposed?

Every time when i contact the lawyer, he is saying it will take some time. no proper response.

What should i do now? worried about  my case

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 December 2016

The rules are available on websites of respective HC

e.g;

https://highcourtchd.gov.in/?trs=faq

e.g;

1. Early pronouncement advisable. Parties to have due notice of the day fixed—When the trial in Court is over, the Judge should 1proceed at once, or as soon as possible to the consideration of his judgment. If the judgment is not pronounced at once, every endeavour shall be made by the Court to pronounce the judgment within fifteen days, from the date on which the hearing of the case was concluded, but where it is not practicable so to do, the Court shall fix a future day for the pronouncement of the judgment, and such date shall not ordinarily be a day beyond thirty days from the date on which the hearing of the case was concluded and also if the judgment is not pronounced within thirty days from the date on which the hearing of the case was concluded, the Court shall record the reasons for such delay and shall fix a future day on which the judgment will be pronounced and in every case the due notice of the day so fixed shall be given to the parties or their pleaders). It is essentially necessary that the judge should proceed to the consideration of the judgement while the demeanour of the witnesses and their individual characteristics are fresh in his memory. He should bear in mind that his first duty is to arrive at a conscentious conclusion as to the true state of those facts of the case about which the parties are not agreed. The oral and documentary evidence adduced upon each issue should be carefully reviewed and considered in the directions.

https://delhihighcourt.nic.in/writereaddata/upload/courtrules/courtrulefile_af9j1ie4.pdf

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     12 December 2016

This is mere clerical work and takes maximum a day. If there is no cooperation from Advocate, you can apply for such certified copy from COPYING SECTION, and you can file for certified copy of Judgment.  You know in India, how every thing is possible through money.  Do not loose peace of mind.  Go the court yourself, bargain and get it in a day.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 December 2016

Repeated at:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Time-limit-for-issue-of-judgement-copy-in-high-court--145090.asp

raj   14 December 2016

i got the order copy online. if i apply for certified copy, will i get the same copy with the seal or willi get the different one(I mean about the content of the copy)?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 December 2016

You shall need certified copies.

These are duly stamped.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register