Time for rcr / divorce.

Team Associate

Legal Experts

Wife left 19 months ago not ready to come back.All efforts fail.She is already taken one divorce and permanent alimony also form first husband.Boy is widower.

How much time is required for Restitution of Conjugal Rights by husband (RCR) in Delhi courts?

How much time is required for Divorce on Cruelty/ Desertion grounds by husband in Delhi Courts ?

Please advise.

This one word speaks your Story..

"he is already taken one divorce and permanent alimony also form first husband."

My Sympathies for your Brother, Dont make Haste for this Divorce, Dig more for  "Harrassed Husband" in google. then look for RCR / Divorce.

Worker

every case runs on its own individual merits & grounds.

in court, there is no fix time frame set for any issues.

only time will answer the question.

U GOT TRAPPED BUDDY...TRY TO RECONCILE...IF NOT THEN GET OUT OF THIS RELATIONSHIP...

Total likes : 1 times

advocate

Whether to file RCR or divorce is a very important question and the answer lies on the basis of the facts available with you and your future desires.  RCR is not a stepping stone to obtain divorce, as some popular belief goes.  If you want to cohabit, go for RCR and if you want divorce, then go for divorce.

The time takes in both the cases is same.  In Delhi, if any one of the party along with his advocate pusues the matter with sincerity, it will take two and half to 3 years.  This period varies, if one of the party evades to receive summons or one of the parties is outside India etc.

You can have further discussion in this matter in my chamber, as you are in Delhi by taking prior appointment  on my e-mail address:

dipenderkumar, advocate

dkarvind17@gmail.com

Total likes : 1 times

Worker

RCR :

u know that she will not join you even if the court orders her to do so.

so file RCR, 

when she denies to join u, it becomes a sound ground to support ur divorce petition.

zz

Originally posted by :Amit--------------- (Shantanu)
"
RCR :

u know that she will not join you even if the court orders her to do so.

so file RCR, 

when she denies to join u, it becomes a sound ground to support ur divorce petition.
"

Very risky route..........A big IF is there assumed!

Worker

Wife left 19 months ago not ready to come back.All efforts fail

this shows husband willing to live with wife & requesting her to come back.

but wife is not returning.

so if she comes - OK = Happy married life !

if she does not - OK = Divorce !

Team Associate

How you got trapped in such problem case. Any way keep cool and plan properly. Take assisance from people suffering similar to you.

Mr SKJ-Advocate :From where i can get details of persons in same situation.

Thanks

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu