LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amandeep Matharu (sales manager)     09 December 2013

Threatening call from reliance

I received a threatening call from RELICANCE today from the number asking me to appear in Delhi court tomorrow and pay a fine of 2000 RS & 15000 RS...

Customer A/c Number : 100117050375

My old reliance number 07313928573  

Name (Customer Name) :MR AMANDEEP MATHARU

they are saying pay money or face high court. they give me a file no. 250/12. even they had not sent any copy of any legal notice I am demanding.

I opted this connection but disconnected after clearing everything. Even I got mail from them. (Dear Customer,

We acknowledge receipt of your request for termination of the service. We apologise for not meeting your expectation this time for the services provided by us.

As requested, termination process is initiated for the subscriber ID 7313928573. Kindly note the rental of your service will be stopped from 02/01/2012. )

Please help...........

Learning

4 Replies

AAK (Advocate)     09 December 2013

If really the case has been filed against you then, the summons will be served to you either personally by process server or through registered post. However it is open to you to verify in the court whether any case is filed against you. You can also issue legal notice to reliance if they are harrassing you without any cause.

Amandeep Matharu (sales manager)     09 December 2013

How can I check my case.

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     09 December 2013

If you are really due, consider paying them. If not, simply ignore them. Demand a legal notice and threaten to sue them for extorsion. In my case I asked them specifically if they are calling on behalf of reliance, they went lull. If you are really hurt, record the conversation and file a complaint with consumer forum for compensation. Don't worry even if somebody poses as a policeman over phone. Best of luck.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 December 2013

The file number quoted by you should be the file number created by the recovery agency/agent of the company.

This is an old tactics played by all companies.

Record such calls and lodge police complaint against the caller for impersonating as a official from police/court.

The police personnel in computer cell of the o/o SSP/Commissioner of police can provide you complete details of the ownership of the number of caller.

NO court case has been filed.

You have the email and this should suffice.

There are vigilant customers and one such customer has place the conversation at following link:

https://annkur.com/2012/05/audio-the-police-officer-on-behalf-of-airtel-fir-threats-etc/

Annkur

Your lawyer may tell you that you need not get perturbed.

In such usual response of the companies is that it was a transgression by its recovery agent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register