LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

R C Nigam (xxxxxxxxx)     11 June 2011

The day dreamer and the astute visionary

In swarg, Nehru & Patel were feeling bored, so they decided to go for outing. For permission they approached Lord Vishnu and requested for a week's programe of going to MARTYLOK and visit India, i.e. Bharat (Thanks the constitution makers, they did not write India that was Bharat).

Leave of 4 days was granted. As natural, Nehru opted for Kashmir, while Patel SOMNATH, to be visited first. However, as 47-50, Sardar being deputy succumbed to his master's desire and they reached the valley of Sheikh Abdulla's grand son.

It was evening and Nehru in his poetic ANDAZ enjoing the pleasent breez near DAL LAKE, while the Sardar was soberly listening to the passerbys and the SHIKARAWALAS. After it became dark and the air cold, they decided to use their tent for sleep and to pass the night comfortably. At midnight Nehru woke up and FOUND the Sardar also AWAKE. He pointing  to the stars in the sky, started narrating the beautiful scene. When he took a pause the sardar warned him, DON'T B POETIC, SEE SOME ONE HAS STOLEN THE TENT AND THE LOUD REPORT THAT AWAKENED US INDICATES THAT THE TERRORISTS R NEARBY, WE MUST MOVE TO A SAFER PLACE, AND THEY MOVED.

Learning

2 Replies

Valerian Menezes (President)     19 June 2011

I am sure, Sardar Patel himself would not support this anecdote since its purport indicates contempt for Nehru.  Both Pandit Nehru and Sardar Patel might have difference of opinion and different perceptions of matters and issue but both of them never dispised each other, rather they respected each other.

R C Nigam (xxxxxxxxx)     20 June 2011

Yes!

They had differences on KASHMIR, TIBET & CHINA.

May be or perhaps sure, Sardar Patel would not have not only supported but redeculed me. That was the misfortune of the nation, otherwise there would not have been a Kashmir problem, no Islamic terrorism, no KARGIL, no invasion by China etc...........................................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register