LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

navnath   16 March 2015

Termination of services from bank

I Joined Services of Union Bank of India in August 2010 after completing my MBA and subsequent campus recruitment process by UBI.

I was posted in Mumbai Head office of Bank in RABD section and later transferred to Financial Inclusion Dept at Mumbai only.

However, due to some personal reasons like my parent's permanent illness I could not continue in said organization. Due to other professional reasons like allotting me work of clerical cadre and other works not suitable to my post graduation education qualification, I could not continue working over there. Despite my several written requests for transfer of my services to a branch / office of UBI in my hometown or to any other place than Mumbai, no action has been taken on my requests and i had been compelled to remain absent from my duties as i could not attend duties for above reasons.
Hence because of my absence from my duties in office, the HR department have terminated my services WEF date 03/02/2012 on 1 month's written notice and my services has been terminated on March 03, 2012.I didn’t receive the notice well before end of March 2012 and also could not challenge the decisions. Further the termination reasons clearly mentions that I am not professionally efficient in my work. This has hampered all my chances to get further employment in any other bank.

Kindly guide me whether i shall challenge UBI in this regard or a what.

If so what can be the proper process.

Thanking you.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 March 2015

1.      The termination order if called back then you should not face such problems.

2.      The charge of Professional Inefficiency may hamper your chances

3.      If NO stinkers, memo, notice, call for explanation ,show cause notice, for professional inefficiency was ever issued …………………then this charge may amount to falsification of record………………….however you are pitched against professionals and full team of HR/Legal Team and they may twist the events and record, during appeals……………….hence now let your lawyer draft all of your communications.

4.      The termination is effected on charge of professional Inefficiency and now this charge has to be proved. Do you have record of professional Efficiency? Or Do you evidence of having never committed Professional inefficiency?

5.       How do you claim that the notice of termination was received late? Was it supplied by Redg. Post or Courier? Have you downloaded the POD from India Post/Courier website? If NO download ASAP as after some time the details may not be available.

6.      Did you remain absent without having submitted leave application? Do you copies and POD?

7.      Apparently you have some chances however a Lawyer well versed with bank service rules can advise you the best after examining all docs on record and your inputs. You must consult in person and prepare your defense before you start writing?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register