Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhalchandra R (DYM)     12 November 2012

Termination of leave & license agreement before maturity

Respected Sirs,

I have given my 1 bhk on rent from Sept-12 in Pune, Maharashtra. We have made registered leave & license agreement for the period of 2 years. Out of my two houses I have given one house on rent. We have also submitted police verification form in police station.

Tenant has his own 2 bhk house but for some personal reason he wanted to stay in rented house.

As per registered agreement the date of payment of rent is on or before 5th of every month. But since begining Tenant is delaying the payment of rent.  I have to give many reminders to him (verbal,SMS & thru email). Every month he is giving different reasons.

In the current month he has still not paid the rent. I have given him many reminders but he is not responding.

In the above circumstances can we give him the notice to vacate the house before maturity? What can I do?

Regards,

Learning

2 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     12 November 2012

Yes you can.

If in your registered leave and licence agreement you have put the clause that states that you can cancel the leave and licence if the licencee does not pay the rent on time, then you can evict the licencee. For this, you will have to follow the proper procedure. Please take help of a local advocate who will guide you in legal procedings. The proceedings are quick and it will not take long time for you to evict the licencee.

S Jadhav

shubhangi (lawyer )     17 June 2015

Format of termination of leave and licensed before maturity

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register