Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neelam   15 May 2018

Termination of lease agreement

Dear Experts,

I have taken an office space on lease for 3 Years. The agreement is in lock in period. Since the business is not doing good, I decided to terminate the agreement and vacate the premises. I sent a letter to landlord informing about termination of agreement and communicated that I will adjust 3 months deposit and vacate accordingly. Though I have three months, I decided to vacate my office slowly. While I was taking away my own A/C (4 nos) as first step to vacate, the owner came to our office and started argument with me. He did not allow the transport driver to start the vehicle and owner stood infront of the vehicle and not allowing to move ahead. Later the owner himself got few people and got down all the A/c from the transport vehicle and put back in my office.

The owner is insisting to pay rent for remaining tenure till then he says he will not allow me to vacate. I feel this act of owner is criminal in nature. Please suggest what I must do. Owner is not in mood to negotiate and wants rent for two years.

What type of criminal complaint can I lodge. I want to remove my office property lke A/c, furnitures etc.

Please advice

Learning

1 Replies

rajuchowdappa   15 May 2018

Sir,

We need to Look into the Lease Agreement then I can suggest on the legal aspect.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register