Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

richa kumari (asst manager)     19 October 2013

Termination of 58 po in sbi on 30 aug 2013

hello sir/mam

I am Richa kumari an ex po in state bank of india .I had joined the bank on 1 st of march 2011 and was terminated on 30 th aug 2013 reason being i scored  98 in first attempt and subsequently 99.5  in second.(passing mark 100 out of 200). A total of 58 po's across the country have been terminated on similar ground

As per our contract were supposed to be on probation for 2 years(6 months extension if we fail in first attempt) and on satisfactory branch performance and evaluation in examination we would be confirmed .If we fail in the second attempt we would be terminated.

I want to challenge the Process of Termination and the policy of Recuirtment ,which according to me is unfair.My points are as follows.

1.Training which was supposed to be given was not adhered to .Almost 40 percent training  was not  given to us.We have concrete proof about this.When we were not given proper traning these exams should be null and void.

2.In the offer letter and advertisment it's written that confirmation will be subjected to satisfactory branch performance and marks in written examination.But they have not given any importance to the branch performance .Our branch performance is fair enough since we have never been given any memo, or any official warning from the branch manager.

3 .Earlier in 2010 some people(RMRO) were recuirted on contractual basis (campus interveiw only) and were later released by the bank stating that their contract has expired.They held a mass protest and were confirmed as jmgs 1 officer directly without any exam .WE have entered the bank through a legitimiate channel and are now being terminated based on our result in confirmation exam.We are being denied the principal of natural justice.If they can be confirmed as officer without any examination ,why should we face the process of screening twice(once during recuirtment and later for confirmation)?For this also we have concrete proof

4.Many people have crossed the age of 30 ,hence they have almost all opportunities shut down for them.

5.In 2013 ,inside the bank people are being promoted directly to scale 2 and 3 without any written exam or interview.How fair is this?

Please guide me how to go about it and what are my chances of winning the case.i have concrete proof about all above points.

I desperately look for help from all our   members and guide.

Richa kumari

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2013

In the first instance your recruitment (even if wrongful) could not be terminated without show cause notice. This alone shall be reason for reinstatement. Move forthwith to the court. You may in the first instance submit a representation to the Appellate Authority (i.e. authority higher than appointing authority of PO)

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 October 2013

connect https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/termination-of-58-po-in-sbi--429771.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register