Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A (ex PO)     31 January 2014

Termination from sbh on unauthroised absence

Hi,

I am an PO who joined service in SBH from July 2012.

From august 2013 , i have not been attending to bank due to my mother's health not being well. I myself had health issues and so i didnt attend to bank. I however have sent a letter seeking for leave on health grounds initially for 1 month and then asking for extension till december 2013. In december i however submitted my resignation instead of rejoining service. I havent heard from the HR till then. A week later i got a call from my regional office about attending an exit interview which i completed. Now when i went to Head office at hyderabad and enquired the status of my resignation the Personnel department people are saying that they have not accepted my resignation and are terminating me on grounds of unauthorised absence and that they will give me a termination letter in a day or two.

I have met different people from the bank including union members but have been getting different answers. Some say a termination or resignation doesnt matter much but since i plan to write Civil services exam i am afraid that it will impact my future prospects of getting into civil services.

Can somebody please advice me on the future course of action. Also can anyone please refer me to a good lawyer in Hyderabad whom i can consult in these matters

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     31 January 2014

You sent a letter for extension of leaves upto December, 2013. Is it approved by authority ?  Is it contractual employment or regular employement ? If it is regular emplyment, employer has to issue a notice to you before termination.

A (ex PO)     31 January 2014

Hello Sir. Thank you for your reply. Yes sir I have sent letter seeking extension of leaves. I didnt get any reply regarding approval or dispproval of my leave. I am under probation sir. I believe its regular employment. They have not given any intimation about terminating, they only said that they are dispatching the termination letter

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 January 2014

I am not able to agree or disagre with above advise.

I reserve my view.  Please eleborate what do you mean by "SBH"

Is it State Bank of Hyderabad. 

This fact is vital.

please leave nothing to imagination of experts.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 February 2014

Respond to the comments of Mr. Sudhir Kumar: What is SBH?

Do you have copies of leave application, resignation submitted by you and its POD and do you have copy of exit interview format signed by you?

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     29 December 2017

Its seems to be a complicated situation which needs to judged on the basis of each and every factual aspect. So it is advisable to consult a lawyer in preson with all documents. I do not suggest you to get online advice for this kind of complicated situations which require elaborate discussions and analysis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register