Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Termination during pregnancy

Hi ,

My wife joined a new job as school teacher and she is in probation period. She had informed her HR about her pregnancy 1 month back and today she has been asked to resign. 

HR has mentioned that her performance is not good and has tried to convince her that anyway she will be going for Maternity leave so better resign now and join back once she is ready. 

Am wondering , if her performance is not good then after delivering baby how come she will become a good teacher. 

It's very clear that she has been asked to resign due to her pregnancy. No performance feedback has been given to her before. 

On enquiring we came to know that it's common for female during probation period. 

At this stage , i don't think we will put stress on her. But i wanted to know is this legal ? 

Can employer ask for resignation from employer during pregancy on the ground of performance without any proper evaluation ?

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 July 2018

There is no law that if any one is pregnant, then that person cannot be asked to resign.

If it is the view of the management that performance is not upto the mark, that is it.  Nobody else would be in a position to counter it.  If any challenge comes, then the management will bring in several points to prove that the performance was not upto the mark.

It may be their sinister plan to get rid of a pregnent employee.  But, since it is clothed as due to non-performance, you do not stand a chance.

(Guest)

You mean to say they did not give cradle and napkin set ? Is that your complaint?  or you are crying mummy mummy because you made her mummy and the school threw her out of job?

First of all this concept of you fucing her and she getting paid salary for you fucing her is weird.  This law should be abolished.  

Siddharth Jain   28 July 2018

What's the duration of service of your wife with the school?

(Guest)

Yes, i too think the same. Anywaz at such period there is no point of taking stand and stress out yourself. Healthy baby is more important than job. 

I just wanted to know some views of experts. Thanks for your response. 

(Guest)

@Ramoji
I know you have a low fucing IQ and trying to make out fucing joke out of some serious topics. Don't try out such fucing jokes in public else fucing rotten tomatoes will definitely make fucing you cry Mummy Mummy. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register