LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mr X (Proprietor)     20 May 2017

Tenants are undertaking business in my residential flat

Hello Experts, This is regarding my 2 BHK flat in a residential society in Virar West. I have recently put it to rent to family. I have apparently come to know that the women in the house are employing business from within the house wherein they cook food for about 100 people every day. In addition, the rental lease registration has been done only for 6 people, but I have come to know an average of 10-12 people daily live in the house. My question to the expersts is: 1. is there anything for me to worry about their cooking business? Am i suppose to take any action? 2. Can they legally allow more than 6 registered family members to reside in the house? What if they recon the extra people are their relatives who have visited them from Native for a month or so? Is that allowed in a rental lease setup? Awaiting to hear from you experts. Thank you very much in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
See they are violating series of law from municipal to local property tax to food safety law etc But court is not practical option if you have given flat on leave and license , such cases goes on for year Settle it personally
1 Like

Mr X (Proprietor)     20 May 2017

Thank you for your prompt reply. Let me inform this to you, the neighbours or anyone else has not posed a complaint as such. Someone from the builder only informed me. Hence, what settlement is expected out of this? They did not inform me about their home business before giving out for rent. 

Sachin (N.A)     20 May 2017

Is your aggrement is registerd in court?

If you want them to stop their business or vacate the house better to take society president and other members of association with you. You can say that society is objecting the same.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register