LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Maheshwari (Engineer)     30 October 2012

Tenant refusing to move out

I rented out my apartment in Bangalore to a tenant in April. He has not been paying rent since few months and I asked him to vacate the flat. I had decided to sell my flat few months after renting and I told him that I am selling so please be prepared to vacate the flat. He told me that he will buy and even gave me advance (2% of Sale Value) for it. He later kept postponing when I asked him to close the deal. 2 months later he gave me a post dated cheque  for 5L saying he will close the matter within a month. The cheque bounced and he kep postponing for few more weeks. Finally, he said he cannot buy. At that point I told him to vacate the flat so that I can either rent it out to someone else or sell it. He is telling me that he has already taken a stay order and I should talk to his lawyer on this. What is the legal provision for me to get my apartment vacated? The property is in Bangalore? Is there any way to pursue this case from Noida where I am based? I request lawyers with relevant experience and confidence to contact me via personal message (PM).

Learning

1 Replies

SUNIL (SOFTWARE ENGG)     07 November 2012

beat the tenant black and blue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register