LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sasikumar Krishnasamy   25 September 2017

Tenant not vacating

My tenant is not giving rental for last one year and not vacating ? Is it advisable to disconnect the EB connection? can some one assit what to do next?

Learning

5 Replies

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   25 September 2017

If he is not paying rent then u can do couple of things:

disconnect his power/water/gas supply

if even that fails to work file an eviction suit against him in the competent civil court where u reside and/or carry on your occupation/trade/profession.

manoj   25 September 2017

call me for your query at cell no 8686159292

K.P.Satish Kumar (Advocate)     25 September 2017

If a person is not paying rent willfully after the land lord asks for rent is liable under Tamilnadu ( Lease and Rent Control ) Act. Rent Control Law Willful Default - Burden of proof :  Once tenant admits default he has to prove that it was not willful.

"Tamil Nadu Buildings [Lease and Rent Control] Act, 1960, Section 10[2][i] -Willful default : Tenant failing to pay rent immediately on inception of tenancy and committed default for 12 months , it is a case of willful default. In a case the  Landlord living in same building and yet tenant sent money order representing rent for 3 months with knowledge that landlord was away to attend funeral of his mother-in-law . Money order returned as addressee not found . Tenant sent notice and landlord did not send reply . Tenant failing to take any further steps . Tenant committed willful default . the court has  sustained and confirmed the Order of eviction.

When the tenant refuse to pay rent after 2 months after the notice of the land lord is willful default. And in such case the tenant is liable to be evicted.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     25 September 2017

You can not deprive a person from basic necessity of life. File an eviction petition and also claim arrears of rent and other charges towards electricity etc.

Rajendran (Consultant)     25 September 2017

Has "Model Tenancy Act 2015" implemented in Tamil nadu. This Act has been passed in the TN Assembly some couple of months back..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register