LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aditya   23 June 2017

Tenant flat owner dispute

What if I have to empty the flat in short notice lesser than mentioned in agreement. I was living in a 1 bhk fully furnished flat. But the furniture was not in good condition nd appliances was defaulty. Nd the electricity bill was too high. On complaining the landlord nd broker who gave us flat they are not giving us the complete information about Bill like at what rate the electricity was charged they are charging us 10 rs per unit which is more than double what I was use to give in Delhi the capital. So I decided to leave the flat nd informed them 15 days before. But now they re charging me 15 days extra rent because I m leaving the flat 15 days before. They are threatening me to file a case against me. But I have paid the rent on time every time nd also the complete 1 month rent as brokerage to broker. The only thing I didn't paid was security because they were giving me old bad furniture nd faulty appliances even the switch board was faulty even i got the electric shock also. I m too worried they are toutring me. What should I do.

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 June 2017

You can file case either a Rent control case or consumer case and both forums  are eqally good, In consumer court  case you can file case  on the ground that there is deficit in  service by the land lord in renting a badly furnished house.You've all proofs with you that you are sincerely paying rent every month promptly etcYou are a protected Tenant..You have a good case to fight. May be the courts/legal Forums might turnout a favourable verdict in your case.Engage a trust worthy and highly skilled rent control  lawyer to fight your case and discuss withhim the likely outcome of your case.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     24 June 2017

You can file case either in Rent control case or consumer case and both forums  are eqally good, In consumer court  case you can file case  on the ground that there is defcicit in  service by the land lord in renting a badly furnished house.You've all proofs with you that you are sincerely paying rent every month promptly etcYou are a protected Tenant..You have a good case to fight. May be the courts/legal Forums might turnout a favourable verdict in your case.Engage a trust worthy and highly skilled rent control  lawyer to fight your case and discuss withhim the likely outcome of your case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register