LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kr Ghosh (HR Asistant)     03 May 2018

Tenant creating problem with agreement

I had given my shop(200 sq.ft aprox.) at Rupnarayanpur (near Asansol) on rent for last 6 years with a agreement of 3 years each. So two times agreement already done. Last agreement expired on July 2017. I dont want to give it for another 3 years, so mutually it was decided that the new agreement will be for 2 years and there will be NO renewal after this as I will take possession for my own use.

The agreement was prepared and send it to my tenant for signing, but he lost it and ask to prepare a fresh one and he will bear the cost for that. Since he already lapsed 6 months in signing back the agreement, I said the new agreement will for 2 years (-) 6 months i.e. for 18 months.

Now my tenant saying He is going to purchase a shop which might be ready in next 2/3 years then he will shift. So he request to keep a renewal option in the agreement and make it for 3 years. 

My question, am I bound to keep renewal option in the agreement as per law.

I really don't want to for any court cases as I am working in Kolkata which is 260 kms from my shop.

Looking for your kind suggestion and advice.

Best Regards,

Santosh Kr. Ghosh

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 May 2018

Give a notice to your tenant either vacate or sign the renewal on fresh agreement

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register