Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav (consultant)     26 December 2013

Teenant not vacating house in delhi

Hi Experts,

Need an urgent advice.

My mother, a goverment employee, has given his flat on rent to a young lady working in goverment service.

It has been rented through a proper 11- months registered court lease by paying stamp duty to court (around 5K).

Now lease is going to expire next month and as my mother is going to get retire in another one year (in 2015 beginning) so when we ask her to vacate the house, she refuse to do the same and simply refused picking our calls and also not allow us to enter the house. We sent her a notice to vacate the house in month time which she did not reply.

Its a society flat in new delhi, managed by welfare association and I think they are helpless in this matter.

My mother, being poor in english, has below mentioned hand-written (signed both by my mother and that lady) clause in that registered lease court agreement :

One month notice can give before completion the time bound by first party/second party

Just in case we go legally, then you think that above written clause (in poor english) will be considered valid or just because of gramatical mistake it won't be considered? Moreover already lease is going to get expired and we don't want to renew it and get our house back from that lady.

My other questions are:

a) With such registered lease through court, how easy will it be to vacate the house? And how much time normally does it take.

b) Just in case legal battle goes long then once the final orders are given, will court force the teenant to pay all the rent during that legal battle or we will loose that money?

My mother is going to get retired in next one year so I am little worried about her so please answer accordingly.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Gaurav (consultant)     27 December 2013

seniors

please help

Gaurav (consultant)     29 December 2013

Please experts, need suggestion

Gaurav (consultant)     01 January 2014

Keeping the thread alive to seek opinion.

Gaurav (consultant)     05 January 2014

PLease answer

Gaurav (consultant)     09 January 2014

guys, please?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register