Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AryaVrat (Executive)     01 October 2016

Technically,Is registration possible without declaring previous divorce(girl and boy Ok, want info to be hidden from boys family side as they wont allow, Love marriage)

Experts.

The girl is aware that the guy is divorced and wants to marry but at the time of registration both don't want her family to know that the guy was a divorcee. If both register the marriage under hindu Marriage Act infront of their parents without declaring previous status(divorce), does the system cause any issues if both man and woman know it and only the family might not accept it.

I know that when no one knows its concealing info but case here is bit different.

Kindly reply

Learning

18 Replies

(Guest)
Never lie in matters relating to matrimony. You can be directly procecuted u.s. 406. Inform all parties involved. Then marry. If her parents have a problem now, they will have 19 later. That will never end. Better look for some other girl.

(Guest)
Btw which girl will agree to marry second hand ?

Dear Expert, I asked for the legal standpoint , not your personal opinion. Kindly respect the platform, my question was whether the system checks the same or not, its a personal choice of an individual to accept or not accept a divorcee.

A walk alone (-)     01 October 2016

If you are from boy side just aware him , that he is doing blunder. After marriage girl with her family can file case of being fraud on boy( as he is hiding divorce). That time she will take her parents side saying that she was also not aware of his divorce.
1 Like

Expert, thanks you. But my question is can system figure out from records if you are a divorcee.

(Guest)

I don't think there is a "live" database in the registrar of marriages to check if someone was divorced prior to or not. If there was one, then every marriage database in every district in the country would have to be connected! India is simply no way near that in technology. I don't think they check even the records in the same state.

Usually when they marry a divorcee, if it the prior divorce was known, the parents ask for the divorce papers and verify before agreeing for the remarriage.

Now whether it is morally right to hide information and the future consequences -- you didn't ask about those, so not replying about those.

Good luck,

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 October 2016

One can not bend law as they like.  Concealing facts is not proper.  It may also turn against you, and tomorrow if relations strain, this may go against you.  It is your personal decision.

(Guest)
You'll be booked under 493, 495, 496 IPC.

AryaVrat (Executive)     02 October 2016

I asked a technical question stating that I already know the consequences of concealment. I wanted to know how the authorities know. But some guy here is using abusive content.. Though I addressed him as expert.

AryaVrat (Executive)     02 October 2016

I asked a technical question stating that I already know the consequences of concealment. I wanted to know how the authorities know. But some guy here is using abusive content.. Though I addressed him as expert.

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     02 October 2016

In my opinion, once a divorce is granted the previous marriage is null and void. Therefore, the next marriage may be registered without hinderance. Technically speaking, I feel, that a divorced person is single.

Whether to divulge it to the girl and her family is your decision.

It may be better to inform them in writing and obtain their acknowledgement in writing to safeguard yourself in any possible   problems in future,

anil   02 October 2016

Dear  aryaVrat,

Love is blind today and girl is with boyside, after marriage possiblity of girl file case is more, since a person is devorcee means some problem was in first marriage. so what all experts suggested above is correct.

Regarding your Query..

Which state you belong and where you goiong to register? that matters in SDM office.

since it is india and many state are not having live database so possibility of detecting devorcee status is next to zero, so enjoy till boy is not getting caught by authority. All legal system are upgrading there information system , so chances of getting caught by authority in future is more.

But not declaring correct maritial status in front of GOI , is serious issue today or tomorrow GOI will file a case with following scenarios.

1.Any one can get your history by filing RTI , Devorce from court is a public paper , anyone can search and file a case if anything is lied, if girl is with boy , but parents not then they can file, even friend can file a case , even your dushman can file. I hope boy is not having a single enemy.

2.MArriage registrar is having a form and boy has to declare his data and two people has to verify it by and then seconding it i.e. gawahi, so minium boy need three people( girl+2 gawah) to register marriage along with boy's unmarried proof .if any one misleading then , GOI can take action if GOI got to know.

3.Boys EX-wife will not sleep , I hope she have vigil or her parents , so they will try to spoil game. 

there are many more scenarios which will come in future, so please go ahead with your plan and if every thing is fine then close this thread else kindly update this year by year.

because 

"love is blind for men" and law is kind for women , 

Sachin (N.A)     02 October 2016

Originally posted by : AryaVrat
Experts.

The girl is aware that the guy is divorced and wants to marry but at the time of registration both don't want her family to know that the guy was a divorcee. If both register the marriage under hindu Marriage Act infront of their parents without declaring previous status(divorce), does the system cause any issues if both man and woman know it and only the family might not accept it.

I know that when no one knows its concealing info but case here is bit different.

Kindly reply

Dear Quriest,

One has to declare the Marital status at the time of marriage of the parties. If someone concealed the fact the registration will be null and void and person can be booked under various sections of law.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     02 October 2016

Sir,

If both are Hindu and major, if the boy's divorce decree is legal and final, there should be no problem as far as the system is concerned. The problem may arise if at a later stage the girl claims that she was kept in dark about the first marriage.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register