LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rks (Associate Prof)     08 July 2013

Technical resignation vs lien

I am serving in a central Institution from the last 17 years or so as a Faculty. My application was forwarded through proper channel and I was issued NOC for interview. I have been selected for this new post at a State Institution, which is higher than the current post. My parent organisation is asking for submitting technical resignation and no lien is granted for joining this new post at the new institute. I would be on probation for the period of 2 year at the new Institute. The conditions at the new Institute are not known to me and I would like to come back to my current Insitute if the conditions/working is not found to be conducive at the new Institution. 

I want to inquire whether coming back and joining the older Institution is allowed under Technical resignation during the probation? I know that it is allowed in lien but not sure about technical resignation.

An early action on the matter is solicited please.

Learning

6 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 July 2013

whether both institutions are deptts, autonomous bodies or PSU

rks (Associate Prof)     10 July 2013

I thank you for showing concern to my thread......

my current organisation is a centrally funded autonomous Institution, fully funded by Government of India, which attained the status of Deemed University as per University Grants Commision still fully funded by Government of India.

New organisation is a State University under state government.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 July 2013

lien may not be given

rks (Associate Prof)     13 July 2013

Dear Sir,

My current (older) Institution has already declined lien to me.

I want to inquire whether coming back and joining the older Institution is allowed under Technical resignation during the probation, when both the organisations are Government organisations (older one Autonomous Central Government and New one State University) and the selection is done when the application was forwarded through proper channel along with NOC for interview? 

I know that it is allowed under lien but not sure about it under technical resignation.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 July 2013

when there is no lien your resignation is final and you cannot join back.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 July 2013

What Mr. Sudhir Kumar says is right. In life one has to take risks, if one wants to go up in one's career. Why do you fear that the new institution will discharge you at the end of the probation period? Or is it that you want to keep your option to return open even if your new employer does not discharge you. An employer spends time and money to recruit staff. After all their efforts they would not like the employee to just walk out.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register