Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasun Chakravarty (Security Officer)     23 March 2015

Technical resignation pensionary benefits

Sir,

I was a S.I. Of Police of West Bengal Police, on May 2011 in pursuance of an advertisement in news paper and website of  a nationalised bank, I have applied to my Police authority seeking permission  for applying for the Post of Security Officer of  the stated bank. I got the permission, applied for the post and after clearing the interview I was selected for the post. After getting the joining letter, I again prayed before my police authority seeking technical resignation with a view to get another appointment, from my post through proper channel. Subsequently I got released from West Bengal Police on 27.01.2012 and joined the nationalised bank on 30.01.2012. This is worth mentioning that I have joined West Bengal Police as Direct S.I on 10.01.2000, that means I have already served 12+ years in West Bengal Police. The minimum 10 of years of service is required to get pension on pro rata basis.

After joining ,I have prayed before the bank for counting my previous service, but no action has been taken by them yet. I also prayed before my previous employer for starting pensionary benefits and releasing of gratuity etc. But A.G .W.B. opined that I am eligible for pro rata  pension only after completion of 55 years of age or completion of 30 years of service which ever is earlier, 

Please guide me how to proceed on the following points:

1. Role of Bank to count previous service as technical resignation is not forfeiture of previous service.

2. Role of previous employer to release pensionary benefits at once.

with regards,

Prasun Chakravarty

Learning

2 Replies

Prasun Chakravarty (Security Officer)     27 August 2015

Sir,

Please guide me on the above post.

Rabindra (partner)     17 September 2015

As per rules, you are eligible for pension from the date of release from WBPS. Please see the DCRB applicable to you for details. Is there any clause that pension cannot be granted before completion of 55 years age? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register