Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Just begun (Student)     09 April 2012

Tds was deducted but dont have any form16

Hi

I was placed in a company through a consultancy in Bengaluru.The company used to pay me salary cutting the TDS.I have never filled any form16 nor any Form 16 has been given to me by the company.

My current company is asking me the tax details /PF which i dont have.

Since i remember there was no PF account for me.

Now the company is closed.How can i get the details.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 April 2012

Demand your form 16 to be supplied to you by a gentle communication under acknowledgment addressed to the good offices of your appointing authority, MD, Head-HR, with a copy to your reporting authority/BM etc..

Some companies provide a soft copy also which can be accessing the employee portal from company's office and in case of employee who has separated the form 16 is sent to the concerned branch office where employee was located.

In case of any issue if you have to lodge a complaint you may do so by writing to CIT-TDS of the jurisdiction authority ( where your company files return) and Jt. Commissioner/IT commissioner of your location. Company can be fined to the tune of Rs.1000/day.

If Pf was applicable to your position/designation company has defaulted and you can lodge a complaint with concerned O/o RPFC. However first confirm with HR of your company for the reasons and later lodge your representation with the good offices and if no reply is given you may lodge a complaint with RPFC.

R RAJAGOPALAN (ADVOCATE)     16 August 2012

As per the Income Tax Act, your fhe tax deductor ought to have issued you the Certificte in Form No.16; Nytrow the remedy, since that coy is closed, is to complain to the concerned Assessing Officer (TDS) of that company.

Old Tax deduction details may not be very essential for your present employer.Tell them the facts. Meanwhile check whether you had applied for/ obtained, any PAN. The PAN details may be rquired by your present employer.

Your PF details have to be separately gathered.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register