Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAMASWAMYS   04 April 2017

Tatkal wl - partially confirmed - bal no refund

Dear Team,

This is regarding 4 train ticket booked in tatkal and came in WL, subsequently 1 ticket confirmed out of 4. Balance 3 ticket not confirmed and amount not refunded. Almost 10 days over and Mail sent to IRCTC and the reply from them with standard message which is not helpful

"For Partially Confirmed E-ticket (If Some passenger not travelled):

In case of party e-ticket or family e-ticket issued for travel of more than one passenger, some passengers have confirmed reservation and others are on the list of RAC or waiting list, then in case of passengers or RAC or waiting list not travelling, a certificate shall be obtained from the ticket checking staff to that effect and refund of fare shall be processed online through TDR, indicating the details of the certificate issued by ticket checking staff and the online TDR shall be filed upto seventy two hours of actaul arrival of the train at passengers' destination and the original certificate issued by ticket checking staff shall be sent through post to 

Group General Manager/IT, 
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.,
Internet Ticketing Centre,
IRCA Building, State Entry Road, 
New Delhi – 110055. 

How come we know all these complication for this type of issues and also the suffer for the train is myself alone. Customer care not even answering the issue properly and sending such message only when claimant raises.

Note : If my ticket not partially confirmed, I would have got the entire money back or entire ticket got confirmed i would have enjoyed the journey.

Need some advise to proceed further.

Regards

Ramaswamys

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     05 April 2017

Sir,

If you have followed the instructions, as set out, for the part refund of the tatkal ticket you are entitled to the refund. The railway authorities should have evidence of non-travel before the part refund can be credited.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register