LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Principal Engineer)     18 April 2014

Tata indicom legal notice

Hello I am sanjay from Pune.I got a legal notice from TATA indicom for non payment of the bill. Actually I stopped the connection when i received the bill of 5k for just 5-10 of usage. since then I have been calling the customer care and they keept on saying that it is genuine. I said how come the bill can be 5k which is now 9k aprox in the legal notice be in just 5-10 days of usage. They said they dont know i may have used so the bill is this.

I keept asking for the detailed bill but they didnt sent. Now few month back a call came from collection department and they sayd my dues are 9k approx and i have to pay i had a discussion and calls and then they agreed to give some relaxation. But after that they didnt do any thing and now i got a legal notice.

I said I am ready to pay the genuine bill but not this bill.

Also I want to know if the credit limit was set to 2500/- then why they let it increase. They should have stopped it that time itself.

Please suggest what to do on this.

Learning

3 Replies

Abhishek Verma (advocate)     18 April 2014

Hello Sanjay ji, You can approach the Consumer Disputes Resolution Forum in your district, with the facts of your case, either personally or through any advocate.

I do not suggest any settlement for a particular amount because according to  you, you have not used it that much, so there is no point in paying for a something which u have not utilised.

Abhishek verma

Advocate

Abhishek Verma (advocate)     18 April 2014

Hello Sanjay ji, You can approach the Consumer Disputes Resolution Forum in your district, with the facts of your case, either personally or through any advocate. Alternatively you can tender a reply to the legal notice through an advocate. I do not suggest any settlement for a particular amount because according to you, you have not used it that much, so there is no point in paying for a something which u have not utilised. Abhishek verma Advocate

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 April 2014

Do you have details e.g. Date, time, phone numbers, name of CCE, collection agency etc of calls made by you and received by you and complaint numbers?

Did you record the calls?

Did you order to disconnect the connection?

Go thru TRAI guidelines available at its website.

If it is:

--- Broadband connection go thru:

QUALITY OF SERVICE OF BROADBAND SERVICE

(AMENDMENT) REGULATIONS, 2012

( -- OF 2012)

---If it internet usage thru mobile phone connection:

Consumers’ Handbook on Telecommunications

And also FAQ:

https://www.trai.gov.in/Content/faq_subcat_details.aspx?id=74&qid=1&link=0#175

Provide all details to your lawyer and submit a fitting reply thru your lawyer.

Consumer courts can now once again decide consumer complaints.

You may download the notification from:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Consumer-court-can-now-decide-telecom-complaints-100830.asp#.U0wKFEeBmXU

Attached File : 69952891 faq.doc downloaded: 69 times

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register