LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar ( )     16 July 2017

Tamilnadu tenancy act 2017

Can anybody help in understanding the new tenancy act of Tamil Nadu Regulation of Right and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants introduced on 14-Jul-2017 in state cabinet? I don't see get any online reference.

I am trying to understand the implications of it based on the circumstances highlighted below

There is an RCOP case ongoing which was filed by tenant. The lease agreement was for 4 years and had expired couple of years back. The RCOP case gets adjourned everytime even though Rent Controller had submitted his report.

Question is what should be the next step based on the the Tamilnadu tenancy act of 2017 for an expired lease agreement and an ongoing RCOP case filed by tenant. 

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

what sort of a agreement is it ?

is it a leave and license

did you get the agreement registered?

Kumar ( )     17 July 2017

It was not a leave and license agreement. It was just a SHOP RENTAL AGREEMENT for 4 years and also not registered.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 July 2017

The Cabinet cannot enact a Law; only the Legislature can. And there is a due process to be followed.

Kumar ( )     17 July 2017

Assuming that it eventually becomes a law, I am trying to understand the implications of the same

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register