Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohammedimran   25 April 2015

Talaq

Hello,

I am new to this forum.

Have query related to my marriage which has is 8 months old.

My wife has not been staying with me for past 6 months.

One day she went to her mother's place to consult the doctor as she has conceived and refused to come home saying she want to have a meeting with both families and settle the issue.

Since then we pursued to get her home several times but refused to come saying she wants to settle the issue after her delivery.

We tried a lot to bring her back. Even her parents are adamant and refused to send her.

Now we are totally tired.

Kindly suggest how to go about in resolving this.

Learning

10 Replies

bsrao   25 April 2015

You shared your version. I am sure there is much beyond this. 

If you want to divorce her, go to a lawyer and tell all facts.

Hope this helps.

B S Rao

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 April 2015

Communicate with her frequently friendly manner over phone or through chatting apps etc. Use more your whattsapp with your photos whereabouts. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     25 April 2015

as experts rightly pointed out your wife must be aggreived about something which she doesnt want  to reveal to you now.thats why she is insisting for a meeting with elders.follow adv ramacharys advice

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     25 April 2015

"settle the issue" before resumption of cohabitation is a very genuine and logical demand.  Do not brush the problems under carpet.  Face them boldly and I also say to "settle the issue" so that future life can go on smoothly without any need for legal advice and court.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     25 April 2015

One day she went to her mother's place to consult the doctor as she has conceived and refused to come home saying she want to have a meeting with both families and settle the issue.

CAN U ELABORATE THE ABOVE PARA

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2015

The decision depends on how you have faced the situation so far and what exactly is the problem.  However, it is advisable to wait patiently until the delivery of the baby, whose  arrival may bring some changes in the mentality of both of you.

mohammedimran   07 May 2015

Dear All, Thanks for your suggestion. We have come to know that she wasn't interested in marriage. She loves her freedom and does not like to bind herself in family affairs and duties.

She wants to lead her life on her terms. Doesn't like restrictions and not ready to fulfil her marital obligations like taking care of family etc.

This is not the first case of this kind in her family, even her elder sister's case is similar to this.

The whole family knows very well to play their trump cards at the right time.

Now they plan to take this to the court and file a case under 'Dowry' against me and my mother.

My mother being the prime target as she needs a husband only to fulfil her demands and for monetary benefit.

Now since she is pregnant she's been utilising this situation and taking advantage to the most.

In the past seven months, only we have persude to get her back.

Neither she nor her family have persuaded to sit, discuss and settle this matter.

They are living a peaceful life.

None of their relatives are interested to mediate as they are aware of their family mentality and character.

Their main intention is to grab money and sit.

Same was the case with her elder sister.

They lied on many matters during the wedding.

We have got to know all of them in recent time.

Kindly advise on the below.

bsrao   07 May 2015

Please do not imagine things. If she wants to be independent, then settle with her amicably and go about your life. The less the friction, the better your chances of getting out peacefully. You do not need mediators. You can also don that role and try to talk peace/settlement with them. 

mohammedimran   07 May 2015

Now they are ready for the settlement but needs a hefty amount to close the matter. There was no demand and have not taken anything from them until now. We have had given whatever is being given to a bride during the marriage. We considered this to be a lifelong relation, hence there was no limit in giving in what is being given to a bride in a wedding.

They realised that the got almost everything without asking or spending a penny.

Now they plan to get the most out of this situation.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     07 May 2015

So no use of mediation or counselling in UR matter.If they are intending to drag their daughter's life into the drain,then it is their funeral.But what about the child she delivers in the near future?How much mehr have U dispensed with at the time of nikah? If UR wife is not in a position to realise the value of marital life,let her bury herself in the grave dug by her parents.Settle the matter ASA
P.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register