Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Apeksha (Student, 2nd year)     02 November 2012

Suspension of joining date

Hello,

My sister was appointed by a Bank for the position of HR Executive. She was sent the offer letter which she signed. However, suddenly the employer bank mailed her that her joining date is kept on hold indefinitely. We waited for sometime and tried contacting them through emails and phone calls. Finally, they replied via email which said that the candidate can look for other opportunities. My sister discarded another opportunity for this job and now these people are behaving in such an unprofessional manner. We want to sent them a legal notice claiming compensation for her time which they wasted and for the loss which she bore due to their acts. Please help. 

Learning

4 Replies

kumar (NIL)     02 November 2012

Dear Apeksha,

Let  me know one thing here, does the offer letter consists any joining date.  Offer Letter is just a formality that the employer will offer her / him a position in his / her company. You should have understand one thing here, it is not an APPOINTMENT LETTER. There is lot's of difference between OFFER LETTER and APPOINTMENT LETTER. It is very clear that the mistake is not the employer. Your friend shouldn't have discarded other opportunities. If you want you can check with any advocate or any of your higher officials. I request your friend not to waster her time with only one opportunity. There is lot's of opportunities for her, defntly she will get the right job and good career.

All The Best to You and Your Friend ...

Apeksha (Student, 2nd year)     02 November 2012

Thank you for replying.

The offer letter does mention a joining date. Also, my sister got the job through a consultancy. I am confused whether the claim lies against the consultancy or the bank, since she was supposed to be paid by the consultancy and work for the bank. She was on deputation to work for the bank on the payroll of the consultancy.

Regards

kumar (NIL)     03 November 2012

Who has given the offer letter to ur friend ? (Consultancy or Bank). And who will pay the salary (consultancy or Bank). Does ur friend met any officials in the bank and confirmed about her offer in that bank ! Have you checked the offer letter, is that issued from the bank directly ! I hope not, as you said consultancy people is going the pay the salary to ur frnd. I better suggest you to go to the bank directly and get all the info, then u will have rite to take action again consultancy or bank. Thank you

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 November 2012

appying for HR executive.....?  She can understand that she was yet to be appointed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register