LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran   12 June 2017

Summons

I am a Radiologist from Gujrat. I do telereporting. CT scan and MRI done in distant and remote locations are sent to me through email or a special software. I report them and send back the report (in MS Word format) through email or a special software. I have a photograph of my signature which I copy-paste at the bottom of report along with my name and degree (technically it is not actual digital signature as anyone can copy this photograph of signature and paste on any other report done by someone else).

I had reported a CT scan of brain of an assault victim. He filed a case against the person who assaulted him. Court sent a summons on my name as witness in this case. It is signed by “upper satra nyayadhish” (in UP). Summons was sent to the CT scan center in UP, where the CT scan was performed last year. Technician in the center accepted the summons (I don’t know how they gave summons on my name to someone else). He informed me on phone. The center doesn’t have my address and I never visited that center. I reported the said CT scan done in UP from Gujrat, through a special software. The date on which I was asked to present in the court has already crossed. The center owner has confirmed from a person in court that second summons has been issued and will be delivered in 15 days to the center.

I cannot travel from Gujarat to UP because of health reason. I am a transplant patient and on medication which has severely decreased my immunity. It predisposes me to the infections. Because of which staying out for 2-3 days can severely compromise my health and in rare situation it could be life threatening. The literature in the text books and journals in this regard is not very clear. The literature is based on western population where general sanitation is good and incidence of transmissible infections (TB, typhoid, pneumonia etc) is extremely less. So, I doubt health reason without any documentary proof will be accepted as an excuse to not going to the court.

Please suggest me the way in which I can avoid going to the court & risking my health.  

Can one of the following option will work…

1.       The center owner will receive the second summons. He will go the court on said date and submit all the documents related to the assault victim (copy of the CT scan report, register in which name of the assault victim was mentioned on specified date, carbon copy of receipt of payment for CT scan). Also, the center owner state in the court that the concern radiologist on whose name summons was issued is not working presently in our center and we do not have his contact details. (Risk: He may not be allowed to speak in the court as summons is on my name. OR on cross examination he may be forced to reveal my phone number, bank account and city in which I live. He probably has only these details about me. He doesn’t have exact address. NOT sure about these risk)

2.       When the court person / police will come to deliver the second summons, the center owner / technician will refuse to accept the summons on the ground that I no longer work for their center and they don’t have my contact details. (Risk: since first summons was accepted, if second summons will be rejected the court may issue warrant against me and police can trace my address through their resources. NOT sure about this risk)

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register