Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498_final stage (Professional)     20 January 2014

Summon received from family court - dv is running already

Situation - 498a is running in Ghaziabad

Domestic Violence - Kanpur (Running)

I have received a summon from the girl's side from Principal Magistrate (Family Court) Kanpur. It says some section 13 HM Act. (I think its divorce) https://indiankanoon.org/doc/1284729/

Also I need to know what should be the process I should follow? I want to fight for justice and throw these people behind the bars for what they have done to me and my family.

Kindly advice

Learning

3 Replies

amit jhaveri (managing partner)     21 January 2014

The family court process is civil in nature and the DV matter is criminal in nature.  Both cannot be combined.  best to hire an advocate to look at issues raised in both and fight it out.

Amit Jhaveri

Universal Law Associates

RAJIV BHASIN (ADVOCATE) (Bhasin Legal Consultants(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES) bhasin.laws@yahoo.com 9811210505)     21 January 2014

Dear Fighter,

Please get you both transferred in same court either in kanpur or Ghaziabad. It will be easier for you and the lawyer to prepare strategies. 

Rajiv Bhasin 

Bhasin Legal Consultants

SOLICITORS AND ADVOCATES 

www.bhasinlegalconsultants.com

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     08 February 2014

U will have to contest on priorty basis, but one thing i want to tell u and that is generally Family court is used to try mediate the family cases, hence u should appear before the family court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register