LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaushik   17 June 2015

Suicide threates

hi! i got married since 9 months. for last 4 months my wife started abusing me and get violent frequently. actually it all started at the honeymoon itself. we stay in agra alone. my parents left us and staying in village ,after 15 days of our marriage. she started mentioning that i should keep minimum affairs with our family members, specially my sister, who is younger to me and very close. sister is married in kolkata ane never visited here after our marriage. we all have links via telephones only and i visit to kolkata in 4-5 months. she says i should not talk to them frequently and visit. she gets very violent whenever i call them. she starts with a very small topic and start abusing my family for hours and if i try to defend saying "u misunderstood" she even hurts me physically. she will start at 2 o clock at night awaking me and keep abusing me or hurting me physically. she acts like NANA PATEKAR slapping her own face , banging her head on the wall or on my face, to frighten me. and if i object she threatens to commit suicide. she twice kept a knife to her wrist and said if u don't follow what i say i'll cut my wrist. i bought this house before marriage where we are staying. we are staying in utterpradesh. plz advice what should i do. can i take any legal action , because we are staying under same roof. my life has become hell....

Learning

3 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     17 June 2015

dear kaushik i think she is suffering from passive agressive behaviour.try to treat her by taking her to a psychiatrist

if she is not cooperating i advice you to immediately file divorce on grounds of cruelty.physical violence against you,issuing suicide threats all amouts to cruelty.gather proofs that establishes cruelty by her against you and file contested divorce

1 Like

saravanan s (legal advisor)     20 June 2015

even if she living under same roof you can file divorce.in fact even after divorce if she continues to stay in her ex husbands house you cant push her forcefully and you got to do in accordance with law

Born Fighter (xxx)     22 June 2015

This is the time to gather evidences of her psychic behavior inorder to plan for a safe exit from the relationship. If you immediately file for divorce, remember you will face issues in proving her maniac behavior/cruelty. Based on the behavior you have mentioned,Your wife is suffering from personality disorder (bipolar/borderline). There is no permanent solution and she will have to keep taking medicines like any chronic disease like diabetes

Note- before you complete a year of marriage try and get her examined by a psychiatric, there are chances she may be suffering from a mental disorder which will be a good ground for you to file annulement of marriage/fraud case. Also in case the problem is not of serious nature you can stay by her and support to come out of it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register