Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nani   17 October 2016

Suicide by harresment of sisters &brother

Dear Sirs

This is one of the sons story. My father has attemted suicide and dead at 2 years ago. at that time my father wrote suicide letter suiciding because of sisters & Brother. at that time they were arrested and later 20 days after they got the bail. but the court is said like "The commitment of this case shall be notified to the Public Prosecutor, WG, Eluru under Sec. 209 (d) Cr.P.C."

IS they get punishment or not. Please clarify.

Learning

1 Replies

srishti jain   20 July 2021

As per the scenario you have mentioned, let me brief you about section 209 of CrPC.

Initially, a Magistrate takes cognizance of an offense and thereafter as per Section 209, he will commit the case to the Court of Sessions. Under Section 209, if it appears to the magistrate that the offense is triable exclusively by the Court of Session, he may commit the case to the Court of Session and send all the documents and records to it and either grant bail or remand the accused into custody and shall also notify the Public Prosecutor.

When the magistrate commits a case, under Section 209, to the Court of Session and the accused appears or is brought before the Court, the prosecutor is required to open his case by explaining the charge against the accused, and states the evidence by which he will prove the guilt of the accused. At this stage, full details of the evidence need not be stated. The opening of the prosecution case must only be to matters, which are necessary to follow the evidence. It is not necessary for a Public Prosecutor, in opening the case for the prosecution to give full details of the evidence with which he intends to prove his case.

In the above case, they are not punished yet.  

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Srishti

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register