Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Poonam Mehra (test)     17 April 2011

Sue my husband in US

Hello Lawyers,

My Husband has been posting nasty blogs about me and my character since I have filed for divorce.
 I have asked him to remove it but he is still keeping them up and harming my social standing. I want to get him maximum punishment for it.

How can I file a case against him in US while I am still in India, should I hire somebody in US or can somebody please outline the process for me. I cannot go to US to fight.. but I can submit the websites from here.

Thanks.. Poonam

Learning

5 Replies

akash kapoor (*************)     17 April 2011

see mam, as the crime is punishable under various sections of ipc, and also is a crime under the statute of america, you can lodge a complaint here and also a complaint in the u.s., but if he is a citizen of us, it is recommemded that you appoint an attornrey in u.s.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     17 April 2011

you may file the case of defamation, criminal or civil. it act also attracts but am not well aware of sec etc. you post the same on intelectual section also.

Rahul (Analyst)     17 April 2011

Share the blog links here, let me evaluate whether the content posted there comes under defamation or not

bharat r bhatt (lawyer)     18 April 2011

have any property of your husband here ? you file complent in ammbsy of concern country. aand also acivil suit .

Deepak Vasudevan (Tech Architect)     28 June 2011

Any good blog hosting website prohibits hosting content that is threatening and/or defaming. Your first lookup can be the blog hosting website helpdesk to redressed and in parallel getting your local cyber police to work.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register