LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAGHAV GUPTA   15 March 2016

Succession of property after husband's death

I have question in regard to succession of property in UP.

My Husband expried suddenly without a WILL. He has one younger brother who is also married and my Mother in Law. I have a kid who is not an adult as yet. I want to get the property of my husband transferred in my name can anyone please confirm the procedure for it. Also is there a claim from my husband's side of the family?

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     15 March 2016

Since your husband had died intestate his property will devolve over his legal heirs - wife, mother and children in equal share.workout a settlement with the other legal heirs to claim your share

Obtain a legal heir certificate and with that mutate the property on the name of legal heirs.then proceed as told abovr

Obtain a legal heir certificate and with that mutate the property on the name of legal heirs.then proceed as told abovr

k.n.VIJAYAKUMAR   17 March 2016

You have not mentioned , the source of the property. If the propety you are mentioning is earned by your husbund - out of his efforts/ income , then what Mr saravanan is the way. You work out a solution , make an affividavit is court,& get decree. If this has come by way of heridetry - then from which side -father / or mother , etc -so many issues will propup.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register