Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M R Chakraborty (ITA)     15 June 2012

Succession certificate

Hi,

I have applied a homeloan in HDFC to buy a Indiviual House in Kolkata and the same is sanctined. Now while disbursing the same they are asking for a Succession certificate which is very hard to get as you know.

The property was bought by two brothers in 1984. One of them is 'Swami ji' so he was unmarried and died in the year 2003. Father and Mother both are died before 1990. As there is no other brother/sister so the remaining brother became the Sole and Absolute owner of the property. Current owner has done two Affidavits - one is in the 1st class Judicial Magistrate Stamp and the other one in Metropoliton Megistrate Stamp with the declaration that as there is no other legal hier of the property he is the owner ,along with the Death certificate and few other evidences. After that the Municipality Mutation, Electric Bill, Property Tax everything he has converted to his name.

HDFC is asking if there is still any sister/brother left who might come in future and ask for his/her share on the property....the affidavits are not full-proof as that is declared by the owner himslef ! Thus HDFC need a Succession Certificate to give me the loan.

In this way I think I am going to loose this property, need your advice on this please.

Thanks,

Manas

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register