Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit   01 August 2015

Sub registrar demands original copies of earlier deeds

Dear Concern

Greetings

I am from Delhi. I purchased a plat of 900 sq. foot. from my close relative. I presented a sale deed to register the plot in my name to the sub-registrar.

He is not registering the papers and demand the original copies of previous deeds. 

The originial previous deeds are misplaced by my relative in 2011 but he have the photocopies of all the deeds.

I present all the photocopies to the sub-registrar. But he denies them.

He told me that "I will register only when you present all the previous original deeds. If you can't you give me in written that the papers were lost and I will reject your papers even after giving in writing".

I arrange a certified copy of the previous deed and shown to him but again he wants earlier copies.

In the earlier, that plot was of 2700 sq. foot and at that time that was divided into three equal parts and resll to three persons. From one person, my relative purchased and then I. Now there is a difference  in the sale deed of 45 years ago and now that  I presented. It is again issue that he was created.

Plz tell the solution.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2015

The procedure to get certified copies involves some steps. You may check at Delhi…………e.g; the FIR for having lost the originals and paper publication is required.

Certified copy is issued by the concerned SRO/revenue office. Once issued the certified copy shall replace the original.

A local lawyer and even a senior deed writer can explain to you.

Amit   01 August 2015

When a sale deed present to the registrar, the last sale deed registration number, volume and Book 1 number mentione in the deed. If registar wants to check then he can check in its department records.

In 2014, Madras high court instruct the registrar that if the concerned party give in the writing and the party have photocopies, then registrar can't refuse to register the papers.

I want to know about that section of Registration Act 1908 that conferred the powers to the registar that he can demand the original copies or certified copy of the complete chain.

Amit   01 August 2015

I presented a sale deed in 2011 for registration. This sale deed was refused after 1 year ie in 2012. I file a appeal to DM office after 15 days of the refusal order.

But till today, only 3 hearing was done. So many hearings were cancelled without any reason. There were only a notice on the board that the hearing was cancelled.

Is there any time limit for the DM to complete the case either accept it or refuse it?

In 3 years 3 DMs were changed. When a DM comes it takes 1 year to understand his/her district and after completion of 1 year, Our respected Govt. transfer him/her.

All these details are given to Div. Comm. CS and Revenue Ministers.

Is there any solution?

It is not easy to fight with the Govt. in the court....

Amit   03 August 2015

As per the attached order, can sub-registrar make inquiry and demands the earlier original copies

Attached File :
  • downloaded: 90 times

• Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register