LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Radha Iyer (no)     17 January 2018

Study law

Hi: I need guidance as to iif I would like to study Law now at the age of 54, is it possible. I live inn South Delhi and would like to know options of how to pursue Law. Thanks Radha

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 January 2018

There will be a common entrance examination for admission into law degree courses. the eligible persons who have sufficient qualification may appear for the examination at the age of 54.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     18 January 2018

Currently age is not a restriction for studying law..  

Delhi University conducts Entrance Test, some where in the month of May.  For this, the Application has to be submitted some time in the month of April.

The minimum eligibility condition is 50% marks in any three year Degree.

The law colleges (Law Centre, Law Centre-I and Law Centre-II) are situated at North Campus.

Therefore, one has to watch the delhi university website to know about the entrance time schedule.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 January 2018

Dear Radha, there is no age bar for learning but Study Law and be a person like "Fools roam where Angels fear to tread".

Pragyan panda   18 January 2018

Sir,,please guide me.i am working u der west Bengal government under bond after completion my pg in anaesthsesiology from nrs medical college kolkata.now I have qualified my higher studies and want to pursue that.my documents are with my college and they are denying to release them and not allowing me to go for higher studies.what am I supposed to do now.is there any supreme Court order that candidate can't b denied from pursuing higher Studies .please send some information regarding it.my email dr.pragyanrani.panda@gmail.com and contact -8697740995.please let me know what I do now to go for my studies.

Radha Iyer (no)     18 January 2018

Dear All:

My sincere thaks for your replies and taking time out to answer my query. Thanks

Regards

Radha 

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     18 January 2018

It all depends on your State Govt Leave rules pertaining to your Medical College you are serving. You may go through the Indian Air force case.

DIFFICULT TO APPRECIATE RATIONALE: DELHI HC

"However, that was rejected by Air Force on grounds that there was no provision for sending air force jawans on study leave and this was allowed only for officers," Chhibber said.

The IAF grants leave of maximum 28 months to its officers who have completed 15 years of service for pursuing courses in institutions which are approved and certified by it and the knowledge gained from them can be utilised by the service.

Aggrieved by the decision of the senior authorities despite recommendation by several of his officers to allow him to proceed for the course, Verma approached the Delhi High Court. Verma's counsel said the airman was a meritorious student and had completed his B Tech degree while carrying out his duties as a soldier in the force and had secured a gold medal in his B Tech course which was quite an achievement.

The Delhi High Court bench took a favourable view of the petition observing that the Air Force should appreciate the intellect and erudition of the soldier and encourage him by giving him opportunity to enhance his knowledge skills. The court stated that it is very difficult to appreciate the rationale behind differentiation between officer and airmen in the matter of granting study leave.

"It is, in our view, preposterous to assume that only officers would have aspirations of improving their knowledge and educational qualifications, and not the airmen," the two-member bench said. The court observed that the discrimination between officers and airmen for grant of study leave was "totally discriminatory and violation of the article 14 of the Indian constitution".

Setting aside the Air Force order to deny study leave to the soldier, the High Court ordered it to frame "non-discriminatory leave rules and reconsider the application of the soldier for study leave in light of the observations made (by the court)." Verma, according to his lawyer, has going through his first semester in Dhanbad as he was granted interim relief by the court. The Air Force is now considering whether it should go against the court order in the Supreme Court or not. Generally, Air Force is considered to be more lenient than the Navy and Army while dealing with its men.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register