LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seema shelar   29 September 2016

Stridhan

My husband and mother in law are not giving my mangal sutra which was given to me by them in marriage. What has happened is it was very small so i wanted to put some money n make it long. Since i didnt have money my mother agreed to lend money which me or my husband had to return it. I discuss this eith husband but instead of discussing he denied n started misbehaving even with my mother who was with me for my post delivery work. My mother left his house becoz of his behavior. I in angry state gave him mangal sutra and told him becoz of this my mother had to face insult and leave frm here. He just took it and gave it to his mother. Its now more than one year he is not returning it. Its in mother in laws custody. What action can i take? or is it that it is his property becoz of tht he has right on it?

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Unofficially divorced! You can claim it as stridhan, but prima facie it looks otherwise than the story ur telling. Talk to husband. Length n weight of mangalsutra hardly matters, what one needs is strong bonding which u both don't seem to have.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 September 2016

Try to reconcile and lead a happy life

A walk alone (-)     29 September 2016

Dnt behave childish. You are fighting only for mangal sutra ! Be mature it doesn't matter it small or long . It also don't matter if it's with your MIL. It's in your home. Dnt spoil your life in fighting on little issues. Relations are like thread if you fight on these silly issues it will break. So better try to forget all fights. Be happy and keep your husband and his family happy.

Sachin (N.A)     30 September 2016

Expenditure of court proceedings is much more than mangal sutra go in market and buy one.

Filing cases means relationship end and no body knows whether you will get your mangal sutra or not . Buying a new one will save relationship and you will get new jewllery.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register