Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Thakker (Executive)     06 June 2016

Stridhan

What is meant by stridhan??

Gold given to bride from In-Laws also termed as stridhan??

How to prove false claim of Stridhan , i mean Vat bills in whose name needed??

What if husband and wife jointly held locker , can last operating person signature from bank sufficient if locker is empty to prove person who operated last has taken all gold??

If wife makes false claims and files 406 for stridhan is she suppose to prove??

Friend of mine having hand written list of his wife's jewellary which was given to her by her parents at time of wedding and that list is handwritten by her father and he is having video and pics also of same??

Learning

2 Replies

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     07 June 2016

The issue of Stri-dhan and applicability of Section 406 IPC has been well settled in Decision of Supreme Court of India in the matter of Krishna Bhatacharjee vs Sarathi Choudhury And Anr [CRIMINAL APPEAL NO.1545 OF 2015(@ SLP(Crl) No. 10223 OF 2014) decided on 20 November, 2015]. Please go through this judgment carefully. Regarding operation of locker etc, all these are to be established before the trial court and there cannot be a straight jacket procedure for it. Your advocate will be able to handle it once you brief him and provide the necessary materials.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 June 2016

I agree with the opinion of learned Adv. Bagur in this regard.  The matter which has to be handled during trial cannot be deeply discussed in this forum because whatever you may discuss and get an idea, you may not be able to implement it owing to the practical situation prevailing in the court during that time. Hence the prudence of advocate tackling the cross examination shall be a Savior. Have confidence in your advocate, if you dont have faith in the present advocate, at the cost of your future dont retain him, you may change your lawyer. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register