Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore batra (bdm )     14 December 2013

Stooped cheque

hi ,

i booked my wedding function in a five star hotel in agra for  min 300 persons and maximum 350 persons at rs 550 per plate inclusive of all taxes , as per the agreement by hotel i paid 100% amount including all taxes , 10 days before the function by cheque , and at the wedding day , at the time of departure , the hotel claimed that it has served 450 plates , such extra plates were placed without any consent , and demanded money at the moment , and were not ready to give any bill relating to the whole of amount i paid already , which shows delibreatly intention of not paying up the taxes , i have given a cheque for that extra plates amount rs 110000 , and not got any proof,  next day i made a complaint on official mail id of hotel stating all the facts and made a stop payment on my cheque , the hotel has not replied , after a week the hotel team came at my house and created nuisance and misbehaved , and said we aill not give u any bill and will put on you allegations and will claim double of money , i said that as per the agreement you have not taken any consent for the extra plates and not giving plates also , they went and sent a notice u/s 138 for claiming mone yestrday ,

what i am supposed to do , please suggest , i ma getting harrased by the hotel.

Learning

3 Replies

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     14 December 2013

Without bill where is the liability ?? What is the Agreement terms on tax aspect ??

Please read carefully what they state in the notice ??

1 Like

kishore batra (bdm )     14 December 2013

there was an agrrement on mail , there was no sigatures , as per the mail it was inclusive if all taxes , in notice the have said that i am unable to pay coz of financial problem , but i have sent them an complaint on the mail  the very next day of my wedding , they are putting allegations that i requested some time to pay off the money , that i never did ..and have sent the same stopped cheque again without my consent.. please find the attached mail ...

Attached File : 521265477 gmail - special rate.pdf downloaded: 121 times

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 December 2013

send a reply of the notice as soon as possible with the help of a lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register