Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Tushar (Student)     17 August 2012

Stolen bike recovered

Dear Sir/Madam

15 days back i lost my bike, then i lodged an FIR in police station, after that i came toi know that bike has been recovered but that is in another police station but now police cops asking me to arrange for vehicle to shift my bike from that police station(which recovered) to that police station ( where my FIR is lodged) as both wheels of bike has been stolen

so my question is that is it my duty to shift that bike?or to pay for that

Learning

4 Replies

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     17 August 2012

First of all had you applied for the insurance ? Be frank ignore your lost bike and claim for insurance amount. Rest is next.

surjit singh (Assistant)     18 August 2012

There is no question of applying for insurance after the bike is lost. File a simple application under section 451or 452 Cr.P.C. for custody of the bike making the concerned police station where you filed your FIR and also the Police Station where the bike is recovered  as parties in the application and get an order for custody and go to the police station and get the bike.

Note that as per law it is the duty of the police to sent the bike to the concerned police station and it is also the duty of the police to inform you that your bike has been recoved. Going for a insurance claim when you know that your bike has been recovered is an offence.

Tushar (Student)     18 August 2012

Dear Sir,

first of all thnx for ur reply, when my bike was lost i claimed for insurance but now as it has been recovered so my insurance co. is asking to withdraw theft claim and registered for damage claim, now when i took my bike to the workshop they are saying that there is damage of around 20000, so what should i do?as my bike is in very bad condition also both wheels has been stolen

Tushar (Student)     18 August 2012

Dear sir lots of thanx for ur reply,

sir when i ask my insurance co. for claim,then they are asking for " MAAL KHANA " report to be issued by police station , but when i go to police station they are saying that it will be issued after 45 days? so can i claim for insurance as 45 days is very long period plzzz help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register