Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CCP (AM)     18 March 2015

Stilt parking repairing

Respected Sir / Madam,

In my society of 56 Flats, we have 19 stilt parking's sold by builder to 16 flat owners prior to Supreme court judgement. As such they seem to be illegal since none of them are registered.

However, the Society has written the flat owners flat nos in all the parking lots and are charging some nominal amount per vehicle parked under them.

Recently, the parking ceiling plaster of the collapsed and needs repairs.

Parking owners (including Society office holders who are also parking owners) have mislead us by clubbing Beam/column repairs with their parking ceiling cost and passed resolution for all flat owners to contribute to the total cost (including parking ceiling).

Some of us have protested later on and have not paid the money and parking owners are shamelessly arguing for every one to contribute for their parking ceiling repair.

Q - What remedy do we have against the repair cost being dumped on us for their personal parking ceiling ?

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     21 March 2015

1. The repairs to any "external" portion in the entire building is to be carried out by the society, AFTER collecting funds from ALL members, on terms of Equality & Mutuality. 2. No member can refuse to pay for repairs to any "external" portion in the entire building, irrespective of who uses it or not uses it. Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal READ ARTICLES ON: https://hemantagarwal21.blogspot.in/?view=sidebar

CCP (AM)     19 April 2015

Respected Sir / Madam,

I just read the MODEL BYE – LAWS OF COOPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETY AS PER 97TH CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT and MAHARASHTRA CO-OP. SOCIETIES (AMENDMENT)

Section 69 states on Sharing of the Society's Charges by the members

and the sub section writes about (xxii) Common areas "not specifically allotted",

as such I understand that "parking owners" are supposed to pay for their ceiling repairs.

Please correct me if i have misinterpreted.

Thanks,

Chandan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register