Experts, please amend / provide further information.
what r the steps involved in a matrimonial case ?
1) petitioner presents the petition.
2) Petition number is given by the clerk.
3) First date for hearing is given by court.
4) On the first hearing, petitioner presents his case & if the judge feels, case is admittable, then notice is issued for respondents, specifying the date on which the respondents have to be present in the court & file their WS.
5) Issue is framed.
6) Trial commences.
7) Evidences are submitted by petitioner.
8) Petitioner is cross-examined by respondents.
9) Evidences are submitted by respondents.
10) Respondent is cross-examined by petitioner.
11) Finally, both – petitioner & respondents are asked to submit any references / case-laws in the support of their contentions.