Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ritu (Company Secretary)     25 March 2009

Steering Committee

Sir,

what is a steering committee, how is it formed, its functions and does the committee to be formed needs a board approval for listed company?

Learning

3 Replies

Rajneesh Malhotra (Advocate)     25 March 2009

Mam,

Can you plese elaborate your question with specific points?

Though it seems you have fully answered your question in the query itself.

Pradeep Talreja (Technical Recruiter)     27 March 2009

Hi Rita - A very good evening to you.  I can help you to understand the steering committee in regards to "Quality Circle".  Quality Circle processess are constituted of 4 ingredients - 1.Steering Committe, 2. Facilitator, 3.Circle Leaders & 4.Circle Members.  In this process the members of an organization try to find out solutions to problems may be in terms of HR development or quality improvement in products.  This is on a voluntary basis, I mean to say that the participation of the members is voluntary.  Now as the name suggests; A steering committee is a head of the Quality Circle.  This committee will include employees of an organization, specifically from top management.  They decide on the agenda of the QC, involve a facilatator (A third party), invite applicants for discussing the problems.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.  But you can also send in your thoughts at talreja.pradeep@gmail.com.

Regards,

Pradeep Talreja

Ritu (Company Secretary)     28 March 2009

thank you very much sir, for such thoughtful inputs., infact our co's steering committee is also based roughly on the same lines.

thank you once again for quick response and hope u shall solve my queries in future as well.

Regards

Ritu Tiwary

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register