LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vipinfo   01 December 2017

Stay for rent control authority' order

I am a tenant and a dispute was going on in rent control authority in madhya pradesh against me by landlord for eviction. Authority has passed the order against me and eviction has been ordered.

What best I can do to get a stay on this order as the time limit to leave the posession has been passed already. It seems like the judgement was somehow hidden from me and I came to know only at the last date when someone came in front of my door with a legal notice to vacate the shop.

Landlord is widow lady, please help!

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

You need to look for truck, not a lawyer at this point.  By the time you read this, you will be picking your articles on the street.  Court people would have thrown you out of the house, along with your articles.  Before that happens, you can simply look for a truck, put all the household articles inside it and sit on it and look for some other place, which suits your paying capacity.

Scoundrels like you should be booted out of such property.  You are lucky that widow lady went to court, if it were me, I would have thrown you out myself along with your items.

(Guest)

You need to look for truck, not a lawyer at this point.  By the time you read this, you will be picking your articles on the street.  Court people would have thrown you out of the house, along with your articles.  Before that happens, you can simply look for a truck, put all the household articles inside it and sit on it and look for some other place, which suits your paying capacity.

Scoundrels like you should be booted out of such property.  You are lucky that widow lady went to court, if it were me, I would have thrown you out myself along with your items.

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 December 2017

The judgment has already been pronounced and execution petition filed. It is unconvincing that you or your lawyer have not been aware of the developments. There is no remedy available unless there is any patent irregularity or illegality in the decision of the rent controller.

vipinfo   01 December 2017

Absolutely there is a lot of irregularity in the order, they have passed the order on the basis of we not paying the arrears. But we have all the proofs of submitting the rent each and every month with receipts.

Also as far as my knowledge is concerned, court must give us minimum 60 days of time for eviction after the date of order but they have only given us 15 days of time. And that too was not in knowledge of us until the last date came, is it possible that they have issued the order in a back date to not allow us anytime to think and act or is it a fault of our advocate not informing us about the order?

vipinfo   04 December 2017

Can anyone please shed some light in this thread?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register