Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dalip ahuja (Business)     02 August 2015

Status of will

My Friend make a will(registered) for two houses  240 and 241 in my favour

having 33.33% share in 240 ( this is true )

having 25% share in 241 (he is not having any share in it as owner/coowner/purchaser)

PLEASE TELL ME THE STATUS OF WILL

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     02 August 2015

The will is valid for house 240 but invalid for house 241 because he had no share over that property.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 August 2015

yes i agree with laxmikant joshi sir

souvik   03 August 2015

My Maternal Grandmother prepares a will in which she gives her property to his three sons neglecting her two daughters who were not even mentioned in the Will(Dan Patra,West Bengal).What are the legal options for my mother and aunt to claim skate at thier ancestoral propety.

P.S:My maternal granpa is alive and it was bought by him and he bought it in the name of my Maternal grandma.

Please give me the option in which my mother can stake claim in the property according to the new amended hindu succesion Law .

thanks in advance.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     03 August 2015

dear souvik the property you mentioned is not ancestral in nature as it was bought by your grandfather on your grandmother.it becomes the self aquired property of your grandmother.so she has all rights to will it to whomever she wants.you cant lay any claim on it.

but if you doubt any fraud being played in writing the will then you can challenge it in the court

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 August 2015

@Dalip Ahuja: The law is that no one case execute aWill bequeathing any property in which he has no right or marketable title, so you friend's intended Will cannot be held valid in respect of the property in which he has no share or title. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register