LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shankarram (retired )     13 August 2016

Starting preschool

I have a preschool run as a propreitor. The new govt reglations stipulates that preschools also should be run as scoiety/trust/company.

Guide me the best option as the benefirary are the familiy members are (wife/daughter). surplus funds after spending salary etc needs to be shared by these beneficiaries.

Regards

shankarram

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     13 August 2016

Please state the name of state since this guideline differ from the state to state.

also state your purpose and objective specifically to start this activity.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 August 2016

Yes. state the facts as advised by Mr.Adv.Bharat sir.  in which state the preschool is located? and for what purpose i.e. are there any aims or objects?

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     14 August 2016

If you wanrt tro run the preschool on  for profit basis Limited Liavbility private company is best. If it is not for profit LLP, trust/Society etc are better. Read the concerned state education act for obtaining various registrations under  the Act. Apply for Bank LAON. /////ESPECIALLY bHARATIYA mAHILA bANK OFFERS LOAN FOR DAY CARE CENTERS @12% INTEREST AND   Repayment  PERIOD OF 5 YEARS ETC.

bANKS  MAY ADVANCELAONS FOR LAND, BUILDING, FURNITUYRE, EQUIPMWNT  ETC. But  THEY DON'T ADVANCE OPERATIONAL  OVERHEADS SUUCH A S  STAFF SALARY, MAINTENACE EXPENDITURE, UTILITY BILLS ETC.

yOU MUST DRAW CASHFLOW STATEMENTS EVERY YEAR TO MEET OPERATIONAL COSTS.pROMOTERS ALSO  CAN CONTRIBUTE THEIR EQUITY FUNDS FOR A SMOOTH CASH FLOW..You can invite public subscripttion as well.

yOU MUST LOCATE THE SCHOOL IN  ADEQUATE PLACE WITH SPACE FOR PALY GROUND AND HYGIENE SO THAT THE KIDS DO NOT SUFFER ANY HEALTH RISKS.

yOU MUST ENTER  into LONG TERM LEASE AGREEMENT AND IN THAT PROCESS DON'T JEOPARDISE YOUR PRESCHOOL VENTURE IF YOU  DON'T OWN A BUILDING ADEQUATE TO START THE  PRESCHOOL FOR Tinytots.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     14 August 2016

If you wanrt tro run the preschool on  for profit basis Limited Liavbility private company is best. If it is not for profit LLP, trust/Society etc are better. Read the concerned state education act for obtaining various registrations under  the Act. Apply for Bank LAON. /////ESPECIALLY bHARATIYA mAHILA bANK OFFERS LOAN FOR DAY CARE CENTERS @12% INTEREST AND   Repayment  PERIOD OF 5 YEARS ETC.

bANKS  MAY ADVANCELAONS FOR LAND, BUILDING, FURNITUYRE, EQUIPMWNT  ETC. But  THEY DON'T ADVANCE OPERATIONAL  OVERHEADS SUUCH A S  STAFF SALARY, MAINTENACE EXPENDITURE, UTILITY BILLS ETC.

yOU MUST DRAW CASHFLOW STATEMENTS EVERY YEAR TO MEET OPERATIONAL COSTS.pROMOTERS ALSO  CAN CONTRIBUTE THEIR EQUITY FUNDS FOR A SMOOTH CASH FLOW..You can invite public subscripttion as well.

yOU MUST LOCATE THE SCHOOL IN  ADEQUATE PLACE WITH SPACE FOR PALY GROUND AND HYGIENE SO THAT THE KIDS DO NOT SUFFER ANY HEALTH RISKS.

yOU MUST ENTER  into LONG TERM LEASE AGREEMENT AND IN THAT PROCESS DON'T JEOPARDISE YOUR PRESCHOOL VENTURE IF YOU  DON'T OWN A BUILDING ADEQUATE TO START THE  PRESCHOOL FOR Tinytots.No need to pay any servixce tax but if it is  for profits  you come under Income tax net..

shankarram (retired )     16 August 2016

Dear Mr. Bharat,

Thanks for the respose. Regret delay in reply to your query.

I am located in bangalore , Karnataka.

Currently I am running it under propreitorship. But recently the govt has revised  its norms stating that preschools should also be registered unther the Karnataka schools and  prohibits it run by propreitor. Only schools run by Trust, Society or Company are permitted to register. Since pre schools are run in rented premises with less than 100 children either in own brand or thru franchise, I seek your advise for the best option.

Regards

shankarram

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register