Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

israr   26 August 2015

Standard rent

sir,

I am a co-owner of an old building in mumbai bandra. i have 18 tanants in my building.

my problem is about standard rent. how much i ask amount from my tanants?

as befor my father takes care of this matter. & now he died 1 year befor.

so plz help me to decide the rent from my tenants.Because the assesment tax is rising to much.

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     26 August 2015

You can obtain the information through website www.mcgm.gov.in

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     26 August 2015

Sir,

Mumbai Municipal Corporation can inform you the rateable value of the property to arrive at the rent that can be charged from the tenants.

However if the tenants object to the enhanced rent, the only option for you is to approach the Hon. Small Causes Court at Bandra to fix the Standard rent that can be charged to each tenant.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

israr   26 August 2015

thank you you very much to mr.kishor & mr.rama

israr   26 August 2015

Mumbai Municipal Corporation informed me the rateable value of the property.& each tennants room.

but how i calculate the rent from rateable value?

israr   29 August 2015

please any one reply me

israr   31 August 2015

Is any consultant solve my problem?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     31 August 2015

Sir,

Section 14(B) of Maharashtra Rent Act XVIII of 2000 defines Standard Rent as under:       (i) the rent at which the premises were let on the 1st day of October 1987 or
(ii) where the premises were not let on 1st day of October 1987, or the rent at which they were last let before that day, plus an increase of 5% in the rent of the premises let before the 1st day of October 1987, or in any of the cases specified in section 8, the rent fixed by the Court.....

However, the tenants have to pay the municipal property taxes and other outgoings in relation to the tenanted premiises.

You may refer the rent receipts issued to the tenants, the amount of rent collected before the specified date above is the Standard Rent of that premises, if you feel that the rent collected is not proper, then the only alternative is to approach the Hon. Court to fix the Standard Rent..

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register